Puerto Vallarta’s business owners and businesses that cater to the LGBT community are joining forces to create a Gay Business Working Group to support gay-friendly businesses, develop parallel strategies to promote the city.
The fledgling Puerto Vallarta Gay Business Working Group will have several mandates:
1. To provide a networking platform that supports the development of LGBT businesses.
2. To enhance and improve the image of the GLBT community in Puerto Vallarta’s business community.
3. To educate and collaborate with local enterprise and government to create opportunities across the city.
4. Create strategies to strengthen the destination’s positioning as a world class LGBT friendly resort.
5. To enhance the experience of the LGBT visitor to Puerto Vallarta by promoting excellence in service delivery.
The Gay Business Working Group will be open to the public, GLBT businesses and non-profit organizations and the inaugural meeting will take place at 2:30pm, March 4th, 2013 at Almar Resort (formerly Meza del Mar Hotel) at Amapas 380, Col. Emiliano Zapata.
Different speakers from various businesses and non-profit initiatives that are working to promote LGBT tourism/community in the city will present their strategies.
Carlos Gerard, Director of Tourism at City Hall has confirmed his participation and will share City Hall´s Department of Tourism´s LGBT strategy for the next few years.
The meeting is open to all interested in participating.
The 2 hour meeting will include a greet and meet session and 7 5-minute presentations each followed by a brief Q&A before breaking up into work groups to providing an opportunity for participants to listen in on or join one of the various discussions. The organizers are optimistic that the new working group will succeed in promoting the diversity of needs of the local LGBT business community.
Subsequent meetings are to be held bi-weekly. For more information on the Puerto Vallarta Gay Business Working Group, please contact Bill Hevener at email@example.com or Daniel Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to read more news from Mijo! Brands.