We talk about people being “born leaders” but the reality is that for most people, being an effective leader is a learned skill, requiring effort and practice. Today, we're talking about some of the Golden Rules of Leadership to help you motivate, communicate and inspire your team to greatness.
1) Stay positive and optimistic.
2) Set a clear direction for your team.
3) Create and communicate plans.
4) Allocate sufficient resources needed for those plans.
5) Listen to your team openly and without defensiveness.
6) Hold efficient meetings by coming prepared with an agenda.
7) Respect your team members and never criticize or reprimand in public.
8) Lead by example and never ask your team to do things that you wouldn't be willing to do yourself.
9) Don't micromanage your team. Delegate tasks and put trust in the abilities of your team members.
10) Give credit, use positive reinforcement and share wins with your team.
Strong leadership is the cornerstone of creating a strong, motivated team and a creative, positive work environment. What do you think makes a great team leader? Leave us your comments below.